Cathy Harris School of Learning
Cathy Harris, business owner and publisher of Angels Press, and author of 24 non-fiction empowerment books and several articles, is launching a new initiative “Cathy Harris School of Learning.” Learning can happen anywhere –not just in school.
A full-time life demands education that fits your schedule so learning doesn’t occur only in campus buildings. It can happen wherever students are! E-learning options help to make that possibility a reality.
Angels Press will train and motivate you from the comfort of your own home and the convenience of your telephone and computer and in the community through — Community Lectures, Seminars, and Workshops; The Cathy Harris Radio Show; Teleseminars; Webinars; Books (paperback, e-books, audiobooks, etc.); Articles; Newsletters; CDs; DVDs, etc.
Just some of the ways you can educate yourself for a new field – 2 Year Community Colleges; 4 Year Colleges and Universities; Technical Schools; Adult Education Classes; Online Internet Courses; Correspondence Courses; Unemployment Office; Small Business Administration (SBA.gov); Small Business Development Centers (SBDC); Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE.org) – just to name a few.
How You Will Learn:
People learn differently. Self-education will be key if you plan on turning your life around. If you are a ‘detail-oriented person’ then you might do better reading books and other material to learn, but if you have a hard time focusing, you will probably do better asking questions and taking notes at community classes, seminars and workshops or even listening to radio shows, teleseminars and webinars from your home.
Where to Learn:
The following must literally become learning centers to help you learn what you need to know:
- Your Car: Listen to audiobooks while driving.
- Your Home: Watch educational shows on television and listen to FREE teleseminars by phone.
- The Internet: Listen to FREE webinars, seminars (YouTube.com), etc.
- The Community: Attend FREE lectures, seminars and workshops in the community.
What You Should Do Now:
Make sure everyone in your family can read and have a joy for reading by buying “educational” books and toys including paperback, e-books and audiobooks. Learn more at our “Let’s Read Campaign” http://www.cathyharrisspeaks.com/LetsRead.pdf.
Commit to going to the library once or twice a week – or more. Go to the library and find out what your public library has for you in books (paperback, e-books, and audiobooks), CDs, DVDs, recycled magazines, newspapers, etc. They’re already paid for — and cost you nothing.
Where to Buy Paperback and E-books:
Every paperback book in America is on Amazon (http://www.Amazon.com). Over 80% of their books are less than $5.00 especially their e-books (digital books). You can also buy books on “Barnes and Noble” (http://www.BarnesandNoble.com) (also http://www.BN.com), and “Smashwords” (http://www.SmashWords.com).
- Amazon ‘Kindle’: Buy e-readers for the entire family to read e-books. Buy the ‘Kindle’ from Amazon.com. Kindle books can be purchased in their Amazon Kindle Stores for use with the Amazon Kindle, Kindle Cloud Reader, and Kindle Applications for PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone 7.
- BarnesandNoble.com ‘Nook’: Buy the ‘Nook’ from BarnesandNoble.com. You can read e-books on your ‘Nook’ for iPad, iPhone, Android, Personal Computer, Mac, and for the Web.
Buy ‘Non-fiction’ Books versus ‘Fiction’ Books:
- Non-Fiction Books: Non-fiction books falls into these categories — Business, Children’s Nonfiction, Education, Family/Relationships, General Nonfiction, Health/Fitness, History, People, Personal Finance, Politics/Government, Reference, Self Improvement, Spiritual/Religion, Sports/Entertainment, Technology/Science, Travel, and True Crime.
The best non-fiction books have subjects on how-to, money, health, self-improvement, hobbies, sex, and psychological well-being. People need non-fiction books. They need reference books, how-to guides, self-help, histories, directories, cookbooks, travel books and manuals. They want to know how to make more money, how to keep themselves healthy, how to operate computers, etc. They want to know more about current events and world affairs.
- Fiction Books: Fiction is entertainment – the writer makes things up. But often fiction can be based on real events. In many communities fiction is harder to promote than non-fiction but not for African Americans because African Americans read more fiction books than non-fiction books and this could be the reason for their lack of access to good information.
Fiction books fall into these categories — Alternate History, Children’s Fiction, Classic Literature, Dark Fantasy, Erotica Science, Fiction, Erotica, Fantasy, Gay Fiction, Gay-Lesbian, Historical Fiction, Horror, Humor, Mainstream, Mystery/Crime, Paranormal Erotica, Romance, Science Fiction, Suspense/Thriller, and Young Adult.
All Articles, E-books and Paperback Books are Available on Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com and Smashwords.com.
Cathy Harris E-Articles
- How To Engage in a Complete Detoxification Program = $4.99
- How To Gain Back Your Mental Clarity by Eliminating Heavy Metals = $4.99
- How To Publish a Digital Book (E-book) = $4.99
- How To Gain Funds to Finance Your Business = $4.99
- How To Survive Unemployment = $4.99
- How To Set Up a Legal Defense Fund for False Imprisonment or Wrongful Workplace Termination = $4.99
Cathy Harris E-books Only
- A Woman’s Guide to Buying a New or Used Vehicle: Everyday Secrets You Should Know (Part I) = $9.99
- A Woman’s Guide to Buying a New or Used Vehicle: Everyday Secrets You Should Know (Part II) = $9.99
- Discrimination 101: The Complete Guide to Recognizing and Surviving Discrimination in the Workplace (Vol. 1) = $9.99
- Discrimination 101: The Complete Guide to Recognizing and Surviving Discrimination in the Workplace (Vol. 2) = $9.99
- Domestic and Intl. Traveler’s Survival Guide: How To Interact with TSA, Customs, Immigration and Other Federal Officers = $9.99
- Politics 101: How To Win Your Political Seat = $9.99
- Workplace Survival Guide: How To Fight Discrimination, Whistleblowing and the Workers’ Compensation System = $9.99
Cathy Harris Paperback & E-books
- Overcoming Food Deserts in Your Community: How To Start A Home, School, or Community Garden, Food Co-op or Food Coalition – Ebook – $9.99 /Paperback – $19.99
- How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Empowering Your Family and the Entire Community (Series 1) = Ebook – $9.99/Paperback – $19.99
Cathy Harris Audiobooks
- Police Interactions 101: How To Interact with the Police in Your Car, On the Streets, In Your Home = $6.95
- Diabetes 101: 3rd Largest Killer = $3.95
- How To Write A Book: The Complete Guide to Writing and Selling Your Own Paperback and E-book = $6.95
Downloadable Webinars – $4.99
- 7 Steps To Empower You
7 Steps To Raise Your Energy Level in One Week
What All Women Caregivers Need To Know
What Women Should Know Now
What You Need To Know About Men, Women and Relationships
Downloadable Audios – $2.99
- Cancer Cures – Heal Your Body and Save Your Life
- Food Supply System and GMOs (Part 1)
- Food Supply System and GMOs (Part 2)
- How To Start Your Own Business
- The Lucrative Careers of Importing and Exporting
- Youth Entrepreneurship 101
Coming Soon as PDFs, Audios, and Webinars
- 7 Steps To A Beautiful Smile
- 7 Steps To Beautiful Skin
- How Much Water Should You Drink Daily and What’s the Best Type of Water to Drink?
- What Are The Best Vitamin and Mineral Supplements To Take?
- Why You Need To Exercise
- How To Establish Good Sleeping Habits
- How To Turn Your Brain Back On and Stop Depression
- What You Need To Know About Your Thyroid
- What You Need To Know About Yeast
- Why Women Need to Lose Weight or Keep a 35 Inch or Smaller Waistline
- Why Chicken is Bad for You and The Best Type of Meat to Eat.
- Why Juicing Foods Is Good for You
- How To Create Your Own Speaker’s Tour
- How To Stop Racial Profiling and Police Brutality and more